Sunday, November 6, 2022

I am She

                                   
                                            
                                  I am She

Lying in bed, I can hear her coming like the roar of a hurricane as it tears through a home. She is the demon that lives inside my head and she answers to my name. She talks to me in the middle of the night. Bringing back all the pain and self doubt. Tearing down the progress I have made in dealing with my past. She is the darkness that threatens to pull me under. She tells me how alone I truly am. She knows all the masks I use to hide behind. It has been a huge struggle for me lately. I have retreated to my cave. It’s where I go when it all feels so overwhelming. I don’t want to disappoint anyone. And I don’t want anyone to see me as weak. But sometimes I just have to admit that I am human. And I feel, I struggle, I fall down. But the most important thing is that I continue to get up and fight. She may make me doubt myself, but she will never keep me down. I am a fighter, I am a warrior. But most of all…. I am me. And I won’t give up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am the storm

  A warrior does not give up.  Her shoulders may bend under the weight of  her struggles. But she will dig her heels in, take a deep breath,...