Sunday, June 4, 2023

Musical Memories

 


As the sound of music swirls in the air, images begin to form in my mind. Those of lives once lived. All but forgotten now. As I am cradled in the arms of sleep, I begin to hear the murmurs and chants of my ancestors. As the music engulfs me, and the memories begin to stir. I hear their call, begging not be forgotten. As they swirl around me, each whispering in my ear. Telling me their stories. Of the battles they have fought, and the loves they have lost.  They remind me of who I am, and the strength I possess. To remember in times of strife, I can call upon them. They walk beside me everyday. I live the life I do because of the battles they have fought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am the storm

  A warrior does not give up.  Her shoulders may bend under the weight of  her struggles. But she will dig her heels in, take a deep breath,...